It's not a secret that sharepoint can't handle different language templates, so what if you have e.g. a english template which you want to use on a german system!?
Here is a workaround for you:
- The first thing what you have to do is to save the template on your local computer.
- Then rename the template.stp into template.cab
- Extract all files of the *.cab file
- In the extracted folder you will find an manifest.xml open it with an editor e.g. notepad, textpad
- replace the current language id with the german one (1031) search the manifest file for the following strings
- If it is an site template then you need to replace the following also
- en-us with e.g. de-de
- Save the manifest file with your changes
- The next step is to create a new *.cab file with the changes you made
- To do this use the CABARC.exe, you can find an download here
- Open the command prompt and use the following statement:
- CABARC.EXE N "[TemplateFilePath].cab" [FolderIncludingTheManifestFile]"\\*.*\
- Rename the generated *.cab file into *.stp
- Upload the new template into an german enviroment
- And try to create the List or Site with the new template
Hope it helps someone.
Mar 18 2009, 02:37 PM