In an test enviroment i ran through the following the problem:
- Windows Server 2008 64Bit
- SharePoint 2007 64Bit configured as a dedicated Index server
After some changes in the Configuration such as SearchService, SSP etc I made an restart of the server. After the restart either the central admin nor the portal itself was reachable! I always get an 503 Error. So I have a look at the EventLog and saw an error message that the App Pool has been stopped!
So I take a look at IIS 7 Manger and start the AppPool again. After i take another try to reach the portal the AppPool has crashed again.
I tried to create a simple WebPage but this was also not working, the default app pool is crashed
So I take a brainstorm what changes I made and which of them can cause the problem. After a while of searching with google I found the following post of Jeff MacLeod. This post takes me to right way -- thanks a lot for this!!!
So here are the steps to workaround this problem:
- First of all disable IPv6 in registry
- start -> run -> regedit -> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters]
- create a new DWord "DisabledComponent" and Value "FF"
- restart the Server
- Navigate to the Host File (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\Hosts)
- There u must find an entry which look likes fe80::1451:3968:5b73:2978 ServerName # Added by Office SharePoint Server Search
- Delete this entry
- Restart the Server again (Every SharePoint service has to be restarted)
- Now the portal should be available again.
Oct 29 2009, 03:03 PM