here is a short instruction for upgrading TFS 2010 to SharePoint Foundation 2010
back up all the databases. Backup is always the best practice before doing any vital changes.
2. install SQL Server 2008 SP2. SharePoint 2010 requires SQL Server 2008 SP1 and CU2 at least. Now, SP2 is available so I install SP2 directly.
3. run SharePoint install wizard and choose to install prerequisite.
4. run SharePoint install wizard and choose to install SharePoint Foundation 2010, the wizard will automatically detect there is WSS 3.0 existing and it will do the upgrade automatically.
5. run SharePoint foundation 2010 configuration wizard, during the process, it allows you to choose whether to upgrade the theme and layout for the existing site.
6. Upgrade should be successfully.
hope it helps someone!
Oct 25 2011, 10:41 AM