Be aware of following when implementing IoT solutions based on Azure IoTHub.
- DON’T use a C2D Message for device configuration
- TTL will never be long enough.
- Reliable feedback receiver is probably required
- DON’T use a Direct Method for device configuration
- Direct methods are interactive (request/response).
- Configuration is usually async and can take longer than Req/Resp max time.
- Do use Device Twin Desired Properties for configuration
- Do use Direct Methods for blocking (sync) calls and direct commands with immediate feedback
- Do use Device Reported Properties for config compliance